TAMPA, Fla. – The USL announced on Thursday the five nominees for the USL Player of the Month award for July, with top performers from the past month of the 2018 season selected for the ballot.
Voting in the USL Player of the Month Award will be conducted by the following three voting bodies:
- A fan vote on USLSoccer.com will comprise 51 percent of the poll. The fan vote will run through Monday, August 6 at 12 p.m. ET.
- The USL Technical Committee’s ballots comprise 25 percent of the poll.
- The USL National Media Panel’s ballots comprise 24 percent of the poll.
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Thursday, August 9.
Please note: The USL Player of the Month selections process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as USL MVP or position players of the year.
2018 USL Player of the Month Nominees – July
- Ataulla Guerra, Charleston Battery – Guerra had a league-leading five goals in July and scored at a rate of a goal every 85.4 minutes to move into the lead in the race for the USL Golden Boot.
- Juan Pablo Caffa, Fresno FC – Caffa recorded three goals, two assists and 12 key passes as the Foxes recorded an undefeated record in July to remain firmly in the postseason chase.
- Jared Stroud, New York Red Bulls II – Stroud recorded four goals at a rate of a goal every 89 minutes while also recording one assist and 16 key passes, good for third in the league in July.
- Aodhan Quinn, Orange County SC – Quinn recorded one goal and three assists while finishing tied for the league-lead in July with 18 key passes as Orange County solidified its playoff position.
- Foster Langsdorf, Portland Timbers 2 – Langsdorf scored four goals at a rate of a goal every 71.75 minutes in July, and also added an assist as T2 remained in the playoff positions in the Western Conference.