TAMPA, Fla. – The 2017 USL regular season has seen some outstanding saves across the league during the month of May. Now it’s your turn to select the best of the five selected that will earn the USL Fans’ Choice Save of the Month award.
USL Fans’ Choice Save of the Month Finalists – May
- Cody Mizell (CLT) - #ORLvCLT, 5/27/17 – Mizell went at full stretch to keep Orlando City B’s Danny Deakin from finding the net as the Independence used the boost from the save to rally for a 3-1 win.
- Jake McGuire (BST) - #CINvBST, 5/20/17 – McGuire got down well to make a left-handed save that denied FC Cincinnati’s Jimmy McLauglin at Nippert Stadium.
- Tim Dobrowolski (LOU) - #TBRvLOU, 5/13/17 – Dobrowolski made an outstanding double-save to deny both the Tampa Bay Rowdies’ Darwin Jones and Joe Cole at Al Lang Stadium.
- Evan Newton (SAC) - #SAvSAC, 5/6/17 – Newton made an outstanding one-v-one stop to deny San Antonio FC’s Rafa Castillo from the top of the penalty area at Toyota Field.
- Tyler Miller (SEA) - #SAvSEA, 5/13/17 – Miller made a standout stop from point-blank range to deny San Antonio FC’s Sebastien Ibeagha, part of a big performance that saw S2 earn a 0-0 draw at Toyota Field.