CARSON, Calif. – The LA Galaxy II and Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 meet on Friday night as two of the three remaining undefeated sides in the Western Conference. Kickoff at StubHub Center is set for 7:30 p.m. PT.
LA Galaxy II news and notes
- Current record: 2-0-3, 9 points
- The Galaxy II were held to a third consecutive draw the last time out as San Antonio FC recorded a late equalizer for a 1-1 draw last Wednesday night.
- Jose Villarreal scored for the Galaxy II, and became the sixth different goal-scorer for the side this season. The Galaxy II have also had seven different players record assists this season.
- Jack McBean sits tied for the league lead in goals with four in five games. McBean has recorded 15 goals in his USL career.
- Defender Lee Nishanian was named to the USL Team of the Week on Tuesday for his play against San Antonio, the second time he has earned that honor
Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 news and notes
- Current record: 2-0-1, 7 points
- Vancouver got an unexpected bye week as heavy snowstorms prevented OKC Energy FC reaching Vancouver for their game last Sunday.
- WFC2 earned a 0-0 draw with Sacramento Republic FC in its last outing on April 10, and has conceded only one goal in three games this season.
- Forwards Kyle Greig and Daniel Haber lead WFC2 with two goals apiece.
- Vancouver has gone into the halftime break tied 0-0 in each of its previous three contests.
2016 Team leaders
- Goals: Los Angeles – Jack McBean, 4; Vancouver – Kyle Greig, Daniel Haber, 2
- Assists: Los Angeles – Jaime Villarreal, Jack McBean, Bryam Rebellon, Rafael Garcia, Bradford Jamieson IV, Josh Turnley, Alejandro Covarrubias, 1; Vancouver – Mitch Pireaux, 1
- The Galaxy II took victory in both of the meetings between the teams last season, including a 2-1 win at StubHub Center.
- REF: Issam Ashkar
- AR1: Eduardo Jeff
- AR2: Melissa Gonzalez
- 4TH: Michael Radcuk
Twitter social handles