TAMPA, Fla. – The USL announced on Thursday the five nominees for the USL Player of the Month award for July, with top performers from the past month of the season selected for the ballot.
Voting in the USL Player of the Month Award will be conducted by the following three voting bodies:
- The USL Technical Committee’s ballots comprise 34 percent of the poll.
- The USL National Media Panel’s ballots comprise 33 percent of the poll.
- A fan vote on USLSoccer.com will comprise the remaining 33 percent of the poll. The fan vote will run through Monday, August 7 at 9 a.m. ET.
The award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Thursday, August 10.
Please note: The USL Player of the Month selections process in no way is tied directly to the voting and selection process of End of the Year awards such as USL MVP or position players of the year.
2017 USL Player of the Month Nominees – July
- Chandler Hoffman, F, Real Monarchs SLC – Hoffman recorded five goals and two assists over the month to vault into the race for the USL Golden Boot, and help the Monarchs earn a 3-1-2 record to remain top of the Western Conference.
- Jorge Herrera, M, Charlotte Independence – Herrera scored eight goals, sending him past 50 regular-season goals in the USL – and notched two assists as the Independence ran through July undefeated to move into second place in the USL Eastern Conference.
- Djiby Fall, F, FC Cincinnati – Fall recorded four goals and one assist in July, continuing a strong first season with FCC as the side recorded its first three-game winning streak in league play in club history.
- Enzo Martinez, M, Charlotte Independence – Martinez provided the perfect foil to Jorge Herrera, recording three goals and three assists to help the Independence record a 5-0-2 record over the month.
- Tomas Gomez, GK, Rochester Rhinos – Gomez posted a 0.60 goals-against average and three shutouts in five appearances as his 14 saves helped the Rhinos post a 3-1-3 record over the month to move solidly into the Eastern Conference playoff positions.