Events Shop Audio / Video Umbro.com USL Home USL Home Facebook Twitter Blog Facebook Twitter Blog Facebook Twitter Blog Facebook Twitter Blog Facebook Twitter Blog Facebook Twitter Blog RSS RSS RSS News Stats Scoreboard
Share | |
Preliminary SYL Rankings released
SYL North American Finals to determine final rankings for First and Second 11

USL News Release

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

TAMPA, FL – United Soccer Leagues announced today the preliminary Super Y-League First and Second 11 Club rankings for the 2006 season, recognizing the league’s top competitive and administrative clubs.

For the second consecutive season the Chicago Magic are in position to finish with the highest club ranking for the Super Y-League season. Out of the 62 clubs that met the minimum criteria for the overall table, the Magic are first with an overall score of 77.0. The club advanced a total of six teams to the 2006 Super Y-League North American Finals. Out of the 91 Super Y-League matches they played this season the Magic had a winning percentage of .769. Their club record was 70-9-12.

Three big movers up the table from last year’s official ranking were the Vancouver Whitecaps, FC Westchester and Seacoast United. Vancouver jumped 10 spots to number 3, FC Westchester 17 spots to number 4 and Seacoast United remained in the First 11, moving from 10 to six.

The preliminary rankings, which do not include the upcoming results from the Super Y-League North American Finals in Tampa, do not include the rankings of clubs from the Southern California Division, which recently concluded its Coast Soccer League season. 

Despite the change in name from the MetroStars, the success of the Red Bull New York youth system remains in tact. The club finished first overall among boys clubs with a score of 81.5. The Chicago Magic are currently second with a score of 81.0, and the Vancouver Whitecaps FC rounded out the top three at 75.7. Red Bull New York won two out of the three Super Y-League age divisions they competed in, placing all three sides in the North American Finals.

CASL Elite sit atop the Girls table with three teams coming headed to the North American Finals with the highest score of 72.8.   Their three representatives include the U14, U15, and U16 squads. 

United Soccer Leagues’ Super Y-League launched a new club ranking system in 2005 with the top clubs ranked from 1-22 and separated into the First and Second 11. This system publicizes the top 22 clubs in both the boys and girls categories as well as overall. The rankings are based primarily upon the on-field results - winning percentage accounting for 70 percent of the score. Minimum standards and operations completes the other 30 percent.

“The criteria used to rank these clubs is basic yet essential to the Super Y-League’s philosophy of providing a professionalized atmosphere for the top youth players in North America,” said Managing Director of Club Development Matt Weibe. “The Super Y-League wanted to salute those clubs who consistently succeed not only on the field but off the field as well.

The final rankings for the 2006 season will be announced in the weeks following the SYL North American Finals. They will include the Southern California Division and points awarded for success in the North American Finals.

View the Preliminary First and Second 11 Rankings >>

© Copyright 2010 United Soccer Leagues. All rights reserved.
© Copyright 2010 Demosphere International, Inc. All rights reserved.